Subaru has always been unique with their power-plant layout; their horizontally-opposed 4-Cylinder engines lay flat and have a complex exhaust system. This was ideal for performance and space savings and created a one-of-a-kind engine note. However, emissions came in and Subaru placed a very restrictive Catalytic Converter before the turbocharger which drastically slowed down the velocity of the exhaust gasses and put a damper on performance and turbo spool time.
Megan Racing has developed an Up-Pipe which eliminates the Catalytic Converter before the Turbocharger. This allows the exhaust gasses to retain their velocity as they enter the turbocharger and spool the turbo quicker for a noticeable decrease in boost lag.
Constructed of T-304 Stainless Steel, this light weight replacement pipe is 2" in Diameter and features a 3" Flex-Section that reduces stress on the exhaust system and the tendency to crack under heavy-duty loads and extreme conditions.
The Up-Pipe also has the bung w/ cap for the OEM EGT sensor and is a Direct Bolt-On for the 2002-12 Subaru Impreza WRX and 2004-12 WRX STi. Please note that this product, like all Megan Racing exhaust products. were designed for OFF-ROAD USE ONLY and may not be emissions legal in your state. Please check local laws and regulations before ordering.
NOTE: The EGT sensor hole has a M12 x 1.50 thread pitch. It comes with a plug should you choose to plug the EGT sensor. The o2 sensor thread pitch is the same as a spark plug thread pitch: M18x1.50.
- Constructed of Durable T-304 Stainless Steel
- Polished to a Mirror Finish.
- 2" Piping Diameter.
- 3" Flex-Section to reduce stress on the exhaust system.
- Accomodates OEM EGT sensor.
- Most customers, due to ease of installation and weight reduction purposes, choose to remove the EGR system completely rather than trying to keep it in tact.
- The EGR valve is a circuit designed to reduce emissions. When combustion temperatures exceed 2500 degrees F, atmospheric nitrogen reacts with oxygen which results in NOX, a major contributor to air pollution. The EGR valve recirculates part of these combustion gasses (when the valve opens) back into the intake manifold to dilute incoming air fuel ratios resulting in less emissions, decreased octane requirements due to less potential for pre-detonation and ultimately for the emissions-concerned consumer, keeping NOX within acceptable limits. 8/10/2012 -AU
NOTE: All Megan Racing Exhaust and Suspension products are deemed for "off-road use only"-- please check local laws regarding the modification of the exhaust systems by checking the vehicle code for your state. Many states are more stringent on exhaust modification laws and to pass SMOG. Please check your local laws.